Monday, July 28, 2014

refined.



I LOVE the word refined
Although, right now I'm remembering a bronzer I bought from MAC in HS called "refined golden"
not my best purchase (a bit too orange for my skin tone)
But it's fine -- I've learned from my mistakes

I've had the same beauty routine for a while now.
I pride myself on my ability to get ready in less than 30 minutes.
On the mission, that has definitely been put to the test.
Here are a few of my key beauty secrets.

{clarisonic and lush}
these two products have saved me in this dry heat!
i use the Clarisonic Pro with Lush Ocean Salt Scrub
the salt scrub can be a little rough on the skin, so I only use them together once a week.

{coconut oil}
i use this for everything!
once a week, i soak my hair and wrap it with saran wrap and sleep with it -- it's the perfect overnight glaze when you don't have a ton of time to commit to beauty -- keep in mind, you will look like an alien
i love using it all over my body as well, sometimes regular lotions just aren't enough

{lipstick}
Sephora is a new favorite of mine
they have EVERY color
and the price point is moderate
other favs are NARS, YSL, and Bite

{BB cream}
i have never liked foundation so this is perfect for me
it evens my skin tone and is quick & simple

{eyebrows}
i cannot stress enough that eyebrows frame the face
i love Anastasia products -- they have pencils, powders, and even starter kits if you need a little help
go to Sephora or Nordstrom and ask for a little guidance and they will be happy to give you the low down

{perfume}
my personal favorite is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
but there are so many options out there -- find one you like and go with it

You can bet if I am to go out in public
I have done at least three things:
1 put on BB cream
2 filled in my eyebrows
3 spritzed perfume

I love this talk, "Our Refined Heavenly Home" by Elder Callister
he actually met one of my idols... 
Audrey Hepburn

"I once visited briefly with the great actress Audrey Hepburn while she was making the movie My Fair Lady. She spoke of the opening scene in the movie in which she depicted a modest, unpolished flower girl. Her face had been besmirched with charcoal to make her seem part of her surroundings. “But,” she said with a twinkle in her eye, “I was wearing my perfume. Inside I still knew I was a lady.” It doesn’t take expensive perfume to make a lady, but it does require cleanliness, modesty, self-respect, and pride in one’s appearance."

These are just a few little things that make me feel my best.  
But always remember, you were created by God.  
You are divine.  
You are beautiful.  
Take care of yourself & love yourself.  
That's the best advice I could ever give.

xoxo,
 photo signature_zps165e8fdf.png

No comments:

Post a Comment